CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

11 reasons
















A week from today is mine and Jeff's 11th wedding anniversary. I can't believe I am old enough to have been married for that long, but it's true. Last year was kind of a big one for us and so we took off to Hawaii for a romantic getaway. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai and it was AMAZING! I absolutely loved that place! Besides the beautiful scenery, ocean all around you, green everywhere, it had a small town feel to it. There was not one highway or freeway on the whole island- just 2 lane roads everywhere. The morning we were supposed to leave, I was sitting on our deck/patio which had an amazing view of the ocean and I could see the whales swimming by as I was sitting there, I told Jeff he was going to have to go get the boys and bring them back because I wasn't leaving. He dragged me out, kicking and screaming, and then on the way to the airport, when we passed the COSTCO, that sealed the deal. I was moving there permanently! I can live anyplace as long as they have a COSTCO! He said that we had to go back to reality but he would bring me back to my new favorite place next year. Well, what do you know.... it's next year already!!! We are leaving on Tuesday and are going to Maui this time. I hope they don't have a COSTCO or you guys might have to come visit me there if you want to ever see me again! Anyways, I just wanted to write down some reasons (1 for every year of marriage) that I love Jeff. If it gets too sappy, just stop reading...












1. He always gives me the last bite of something we are sharing






2. He turns on my seat warmers before I get in the car






3. He lets me put my cold feet on him in bed to warm them up






4. He does the dishes!!!






5. He is a absolute genius with the BBQ grill






6. He thinks I am beautiful even when I clearly am not






7. He is very hardworking and dedicated to his job






8. He has great lips...ewwwww I know, i know... bear with me here...






9. He can fix anything!!!






10. He loves spending one on one time with the boys so I can have some free time






11. He is the best dad and husband i could ever ask for












I could go on and on but those are just a few of the reasons why I am so grateful that I saw him and his awesome mullet while I was cruising State Street about 13 years ago. I am also glad that he decided to marry me even though he was given a fair warning that it wouldn't be easy. It hasn't been easy all the time, but there's been more good times than bad and we always seem to work it out. I am a very lucky girl to have him!! Love you Jeffrey!!

2 comments:

nalgal said...

That was way sweet Nic! It is definitely the little things that our husbands do for us that mean the most.

Unknown said...

First of all I hate you for going back o hawaii!!! I am so beyond jealous! Second that was so sweet of you to write! You are a very lucky lady, however I know Jeff is an even luckier man to have you as his wife! You two are definetly the couple Brandon and I aspire to be!-see I can be cheesy too! Have fun in Hawaii, and if you decide to stay, please send a boat to come get me :)