CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

2 1/2 hr wait for Cheescake Factory? SERIOUSLY!

Well today is Evan day again and he is just crawling around, entertaining himself right now. Lincoln is sleeping so I am trying to get some work done. But something has been bugging me for a few days and so I thought i would share it with everyone. Jeff's brother Randy had his birthday on Saturday and he wanted to go out to dinner with the fam that night. He decided he wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory. So we make plans to be there around 5 so that hopefully we can get seated by 6. Doesn't seem like to lofty of a goal, does it? Wait 1 hour for dinner? Before we had kids, Jeff and I would have probably waited 1 hour for someplace that was REALLY good, maybe one of our favorites. Now that I have a 6 and 2 year, I would say that time frame has dropped to 20-30 minutes. But, being that it was Randy's birthday and he really wanted to go there, we of course said ok. So as we are driving there, Jeff's mom calls and says we just got here to put our names on and it is a 2 1/2 ( yes, I said 2 and a half) hour wait. This was at like 5 oclock in the afternoon. Who in world waits 2 1/2 hours to eat at any restaurant? Well not me! I have been to the Cheesecake Factory in other cities several times and never once waited more than 30 minutes. Don't get me wrong- I mean, their dessert is to die for and their meals are good too, but 2 1/2 hours? I guess I just didn't think their food was "that good" that I would wait that long to eat there. We ended up eating at Olive Garden, which I think has better food than Cheesecake Factory, and waited about 30 minutes to be seated. What does everyone else think? I would like to hear how long everyone else is willing to wait to eat dinner and if you think their food is worth waiting 2 1/2 hours for. Maybe I am the one who is crazy. :)

2 comments:

Jones said...

My first Cheesecake Factory experience was in Marietta Georgia and there wasn't a wait to get in, well when I heard there was one coming to Utah I was excited because the meal I had was really good. Our first visit to the one in utah was 2 months after the grand opening and the rumors were flying how the wait times were still 3+ hours, so I had some things I need to shop for at Sears, so I went and put our name on the list at 430 pm and they told me it would be an hour and a half (I was kinda shocked) but to come back in 45 mins to see if it had changed.. so I went over to Sears and came back 45 mins later and now they were telling all the new arrivals the way was 3 hours and when I asked how much longer for my party they stated 45 mins.. and sure enough at 6pm we were sitting down eating. If I didn't have other things to do during the wait I would not wait over an hour for any restaurant however.

BreeAnn said...

Yeah I wouldn't wait two and a half hours to eat anywhere either. Ty and I still have not been there, I want to go but just can't justify waiting so long,unless i had some shopping to do at the mall and wasn't starving!