CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dog park with the "Rockstar"




It was such a beautiful day today (and a little bit cooler) that we decided to take the whole fam to the dog park. Sturgis loves it there and he gets to play with other dogs. He has been so sad since Samson died and he gets lonely a lot even though he has constant attention from people. At the dog park he always attracts the little dogs that have BIG attitudes. I worry because he is so big and even though he is not aggressive or mean at all, if he does one thing wrong, or even growls he will look like the big, mean dog. So far he has been fine and just kind of stays away from the ones that are not nice. There were not that many dogs there today. Usually there are quite a few on weekends, but maybe it is still too hot. He is our "rockstar" and always draws a crowd wherever we go. Usually I don't mind talking to everyone and answering their questions about him, but sometimes if I don't feel like talking to people, it can be a problem and I get bugged. It's so funny to watch people as we drive down the road with Sturgis in the back of the truck. On the way there today, I kept seeing people look and point and I was confused for a minute. Then I realized we had the "Rockstar" in the back who looks like either a medium sized cow or a small horse. He's quite the spectacle! He is such a sweetie though- everyone LOVES him! He just turned one in June and is a HUGE part of our family! :)He's so big that he drinks our of the people drinking fountain instead of the lower one that is for the dogs.

1 comments:

BreeAnn said...

I need to come see him in person again, holy crap he is huge and so pretty! I love that he is a sweetheart dog! I promise I will bring Karson over sometime soon, most likely in September as the rest of August is just insane!