CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Best Friend= my Tivo

so I know of at least one person (BreeAnn) who gets as excited as me about "my shows". I just looked at my Tivo schedule for tonight and this surge of complete happiness and excitement came over me. Then, when I realized why i was so excited, I felt a little pathetic. But I am over that now and back to pure excitement and anticipation. Why do I get so attached and involved in a certain few TV shows? As a mom of a 2 year old, it's definitely not that I am suffering from boredom and this provides my only source of entertainment. It's not that I am addicted to TV because during the summer, I literally did not watch any tv at all for months straight. Well, I don't have an answer to why, but the fact remains that I literally look forward to Thursday the whole week long. If I took one of those email surveys right now where one of the questions is "what is your favorite day of the week?" I would have to answer THURSDAY! My favorite Thursday shows are, in no particular order: Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, The Office, CSI and ER. I think most people agree with me on Grey's Anatomy and The Office- everyone loves those. Survivor has been going now for like 10 years or more and it is basically the same thing every season. Oh sure, they add a twist here and there but it is basically the same thing- people getting really stinky and dirty, living in the wild and competing in physical challenges for a million bucks. I think part of the draw for me is that I am one of those people who think I could probably do pretty good at Survivor. In a pre-kid lifetime, I may have even tried out. But for now, I will have to watch others steal my glory. My oldest obsession is- ER! I think it was probably George Clooney that got me hooked at first. I can't say it's my favorite show anymore, but I still record and watch every episode religiously. This is the last season and I can't wait to see what happens and how it ends. So, needless to say, I will probably be blogging a bit about my shows and giving my opinions quite regularly. I just want to know 1 thing- what did people do before dvr's and tivo? There is no way you could record 3 things at once with a VCR. So for today,(and every Thursday) something I am VERY grateful for is TIVO!

4 comments:

Randall P said...

This would be the exact reason I do not own a TIVO. I would sit in front of the TV for hours, nothing would be accomplished at the house.

Unknown said...

It is sad isn't it? I am the sam way. However my life is not the same with no Nip/Tuck Greys is a clse second but it definetly doesn't replace it! I know you can agree with me here!

nalgal said...

I'm with you on the TIVO. We do not attempt to watch anything before 9:30 because the bedtime rodeo is still in full force, so it has been such a life-saver (if you can call it that). Today Robin was telling me that she needed to record a show and she was stressed out because she couldn't set the clock on the VCR. It blew my mind that they are still doing it that way since they are both huge TV watchers. I'm thinking, sell the Porsche and the BMW and get a DVR!

Jones said...

Monday nights - The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Boston Legal
Tuesday nights - NCIS
Wednesday nights - Bones
Thursday Nights - CSI, My Name is Earl, The Office
Fri - Sat nothing
Sunday - The Unit (Season premier this Sunday 9/28)
With a TV Schedule like that where shows over lap each other and with me watching the kids most of those nights I am very thankful to be able to save my shows and watch them later (usually during work).