CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Baby Girls!!!!


I am happy to report that I have checked one big thing off my "list". The baby shower for my friend Brenda was a success! It turned out really well and she got the CUTEST little girl stuff. The last time I saw that much pink stuff in one place, there was a Barbie Corvette and Barbie Dreamhouse involved and I was fighting with my sister over who got to be Barbie. :) Anyways, I have always just been able to admire baby girl stuff from afar. It started with when my niece, Hannah, was born 11 1/2 years ago and has continued as random friends and family have had girls. I am so excited when I go to the store and get to go to the "pink" racks instead of the "blue" ones. I look through all of the pink bows, ruffles, ribbons, lace, and wonder how in the world I am going to be able to pick just one (or 2 or 3) out of the racks and racks of ADORABLE girl stuff!!! Then, after I have narrowed it down to the outfits that the mom-to-be can't possibly live without, I make my way past the "blue" racks and glance over to see if there's perhaps a clearance sale I need to check out. Because I know, sadly, on the "blue" racks there will be no outfits so cute that I want to buy one in every size and color like I just saw on the "pink" racks. But back to the shower.... one of our friends, Holly, just had a baby about 8 weeks ago and I was so happy that she brought baby Alexis for all of us to meet and ooo and ahh over. She was dressed from head to toe in pink and just had that perfect baby look and smell. It's a smell that I can't really explain and probably didn't appreciate until I had one of my own. (Even the "blue" ones smell good for those of you that don't have any) As soon as she came in, all shower activities came to a screetching halt and everyone swarmed around her. She got passed around and even Rylee (who his Linc's best friend and same age) wanted to get on in the baby holding action. It seems like everyone who is pregnant or had a baby recently is having a girl. My sister said she wished she would have liked to have known about that 9 months ago so she could have gotten in on the action. Her last 2 have been boys like me. If that was even possible, I don't know if I would have or not. Of course I would love to have a daughter and be able to surround myself in pink until I couldn't see straight. But I always pictured myself with 2 boys even before Dawson was even thought of. I think not having girls is a gift to me so that I can so thoroughly enjoy spoiling other people's girls and the pure joy and excitment I experience when I get to walk past the "blue" racks and shop in the "pink" ones instead. :)

7 comments:

jen said...

Having four boys, I so know how fun it is to shop for someone having a girl. I do find myself not buying the frilly girl things though. I end up buying the stuff that looks the most boyish. With all my pregnancies I SO wanted boys, but with my 3rd boy Keaton. Now I can't imagine if he'd been a girl. It just wouldn't be right to have a girl in our house. Anyway cute kids in the picture.

nalgal said...

Congrats on checking the baby shower off your list! As far as the "pink" discussion goes, when I had Hannah I didn't appreciate the fact that she would be my only girl. Now I have one tom boy and two actual boys. I wish I would have done more girly stuff with her, but as it turns out she is probably the least dramatic of the 3 kids, so maybe that is good thing.
Like you, I am thrilled to shop for a friend's baby girl now so I guess it's all good!

BreeAnn said...

I am glad everything went well. Jamie's little girl is so freaking cute! I love it!

nalgal said...

Oh, by the way, I don't ever remember wanting to be Barbie. You must have been fighting with someone else :)

Jones said...

And the record for using the word "pink" most in one blog goes to... NIC!!! WOO HOO.. :)

Nklpkl said...

Maybe I was fighting with Nate.... or maybe Jones....the scenario didn't involve violence, so it couldn't be Jones.

Holly said...

Oh look how cute that picture is. hahaha love it!