CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Procrastination

So I have about 10 million things I should be doing right now. I am at a point where I don't even know where to start, so..... I decided to ignore it all and just read blogs for a minute. My sister was just explaining her crazy morning in her blog and although my day has been quite a bit calmer than that, it just seems like i go a couple days without a lot to do and then all of a sudden, everything is happening at the same time. I am the head room mother in Dawson's class- which I love because I get to spend time at school and get to know the teacher really well. Plus, even though he doesn't like to admit it, Dawson likes to have his mom there sometimes. :) So right now, I am organizing a banner for Red Ribbon week( I need to go use the diecut machine at school to do some lettering) and planning the class Halloween party, which is on the 14th because they go off track on the 15th. I am also having a baby shower for my good friend Brenda at my house for about 40 people this Saturday. I am also making her a quilt that I would like to have the front of done for the shower. We are doing family pictures on Tuesday- i need to go get some shirts for the boys, I have our Chapter Luncheon/Meeting for UAHU (Utah Assoc. of Health Underwriters) that I am on the board of and so I have to make sure the meeting goes as planned, there is lunch for everyone, etc. Oh did I mention that we are planning on about 150 people for that one? That is on Wednesday. Plus, I REALLY need to go to the grocery store, do laundry, and call some clients back. So needless to say, I am making a BIG list that encompasses all of the "activities" and what I still need to do for each one. When I see it down on paper and can start crossing things off, it makes me feel better about being overwhelmed. :)

4 comments:

BreeAnn said...

Yeah I am big on lists as well! Hope your family pictures goes well as well as the baby shower, is this the brenda from WEst Valley? Doesn't she already have kids? Hey did you know that Kara is pregnant with another boy?

nalgal said...

Hey Nic-
I am the head room mom for Hannah's class this year and am trying to plan a party for 6th graders. What do you even do for kids that old? Nothing is going to be cool enough. As luck would have it, both of the boys' parties are on that day too and are staggered just enough that I don't have an excuse not to help with all 3. Yikes! This year has been insane so far having all 3 kids in the same school. 3 times everything!
I am with you on making a list and crossing things off. I get so overwhelmed but as soon as I write everything down it seems a lot more manageable. I think for me just trying to remember everything stresses me out so the key is to put it on paper and then deal with it. I also agree about the quiet days and then the 'everything' days. Why can't it be spread out evenly?
Really though, let me know if I can help you with anything.

Tam said...

Oh my gosh I can't wait till my to do list is as big as yours or Nals...If the baby shower is for the Brenda in West Valley tell her Congrats from me and i wish her all the best. tam

jen said...

I only blog when I'm procrastinating and have you noticed I blog every single day? Good luck crossing everything off of your list.